Blood Pressure (BP) Monitor
What Is A BP Monitor?
- A blood pressure monitor measures and records your blood pressure over a 24 hour period.
How Is A BP Monitor Performed?
- At your appointment a technician will apply the monitor to you for you to take home for the 24 hour period.
- The monitor will take your BP every 30minutes during the day and every hour at night.
- While you are wearing the monitor you are required to do everything as per normal in your day to day life except for showering.
- You cannot shower while you have the monitor on, nor should you remove the monitor.
- When you note the monitor pumping up, if safe to do so, relax your arm down by your side while the monitor takes your BP.
What to Expect?
- As the monitor records your BP every 30 minutes during the day and every hour at night, you may not have the most restful 24 hours.
- You are required to return the BP monitor the following day.
- We need time to analyse the recordings, as such, you will not be given the results immediately.
- If referred by your GP, your results will be sent to your GP the following week.
- If your cardiologist ordered the test, your cardiologist will discuss the results with you at your next appointment.