What Is An ECG?
- An ECG is a 10 second recording of your heart rate and rhythm.
How Is An ECG Performed?
- You will be required to remove your top items of clothing, females can leave their bra on.
- You will need to lie flat on your back with your arms down by your side for a brief time.
- Ten small, adhesive dots will be placed across your chest with small clips attaching you to the ECG machine. A recording will be taken and printed on the spot.
- The dots will be removed and you may put your clothing back on.
- Our cardiologist will need to review the recording, so you won’t be given results from the ECG on the spot.
- The cardiologist will report on your ECG and send the results back to the referring doctor.